The following information will help you manage the process of ordering and installing your headstone. Please note that if you would like the headstone shipped to your cemetery, you must make arrangements for doing so before placing your order. The list below explains exactly what you need to do.
Contact Your Cemetery
Headstones and Memorials has put together a list of questions that you should ask your cemetery.
CLICK HERE to go through our guide.
It’s understandable if you aren’t sure how to begin designing a granite memorial for a loved one. Let us help. We’ve outlined some steps below to guide you through this process.
Rekindle your best memories.
A granite headstone is a personalized representation of a life lived well. Take a few moments to remember the achievements, talents and personality traits of your loved one. Jot down some notes to describe the individual’s motivations, passions, hobbies…anything you can think of that represents your loved one’s personality.
Customizing your memorial.
- Select your stone type. Stone Types Include: Memorials, Monuments, Grave Markers, Gravemarkers, Tombstones, Cemetery Memorials, Companion Markers, Upright Tombstone, Die and Base, Carved Uprights, Carved Monuments, Carved Angel Monuments, Slant Top Monument, Serp Top Monuments, Pillow Top Monuments and Hickey Top Monuments.
- Select the Size and Thickness of Your Stone. The available sizes of the headstones vary depending on the style you have selected. If you are looking for a size or thickness that is not listed on the site, Contact Us. We are able to order most sizes.
- Select Your Stone Color. We offer flat granite headstones in the 10 most popular color sections, Grey (similar to Sierra White™), Imperial Black, Imperial Grey, Himalayan, Imperial Red, Mahogany, Blue Pearl, Emerald Pearl, Desert Pink and Bahama Blue. Using your memories and notes to guide you, select the color that best suits your loved one.
- Single or Companion. Through our Online Headstone Designer you can select up to 2 people to put on a headstone. If you require more names on a flat marker Contact Us. All of our other stone types can be customized with as many names as you would like.
- Inscription Options. If you are using our Online Headstone Designer, the inscription options section will allow you to choose how many lines of text will appear on your design. When you go through our custom design process you can decide how many lines of text you would like. We offer FREE unlimited lettering.
- Font. Select the font that you would like the stone to include. The Online Headstone Designer includes the most popular fonts that we offer.
- Text. Here you will add the name, dates, epitaph and endearment that describes the life of your loved one.
- Graphic Positions. You are now ready to choose a graphic or border position to further stylize your memorial. The first step is to decide where on the headstone the graphic should go. Through the Online Headstone Designer you can select No Graphic, Top, Right, Bottom, Left or a Border. Custom designs can be created with the graphics in the specific position that you request, including the ability to include more than one image.
- Graphics. Here you will select a graphic or border from our artwork collection. If you would like to add a custom graphic to a flat marker Contact Us. If you are ordering a stone through our custom design process we include access to our entire Clip Art Library.
- Proofread. Proofread your memorial layout carefully. Please check your layout carefully for typos and spelling (Including Upper and lower case lettering) before submitting your order. We use the exact text you provide us; because names and words vary in spelling, we DO NOT make spelling corrections or changes for you.
Also, the placement of artwork and text on your marker may differ by up to 15 percent in scale from the way it is displayed to you on the website. Any adjustments we make will improve the beauty of your marker. When necessary, we will resize your layout in keeping with industry standards, to enhance the look of your memorial.
As an example, if you select a border on your headstone, the website’s display of your text and graphics may appear cramped. Rest assured, your finished product will not look cramped at all; we will adjust the balance of the artwork and text appropriately to ensure that you receive a beautiful stone marker.
Finalizing Your Order.
To finalize your order, you will need to provide the exact shipping address and contact and a credit card OR PayPal account for payment. A PayPal account is not required, we accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover as well as PayPal’s eCheck. Note that all sales are final.