Top 6 Tips for Choosing a Headstone
Choosing and designing a headstone for your loved one can be an overwhelming experience. At Honor Life, we want to show and help you take the guesswork out of the process making it a little less difficult. With our practical checklist and tips below, you can design the most personal, heartfelt, or sentimental memorial to remember and withstand the test of time.
- What are the size requirements?
- Your cemetery many have limits on sizes and thickness. Find out what they are beforehand so you know your options are.
- Pick a Style
- Choose a Material
- Granite, bronze, marble, Limestone, glass can be materials offered to you to pick a headstone. What are the pros and cons of each material? Honor Life sells both Granite and Bronze Headstones.
- Can I paint the headstone to allow my engraving to show contrast?
- Are their color restrictions after material choice?
- Pick an Edge
- Standard, Beveled, or Lawn Mower Proof
- This is not something one would think about but it does have it’s importance in picking a stone due to the practices of your cemetery and their maintenance habits.
- Can I personalize with an Emblem?
- Does my cemetery require a specific Emblem to represent a religious or group affiliation?
- Choose from our extensive gallery of clip art and emblems.
- Are Pictures allowed on a headstone?
- Etched pictures are done right onto the stone. Halftone artwork is used to reproduce grayscale images by breaking into small dots for incredible detail.
- Your own Digital Image of your loved one can be permanently kiln fired to a ceramic tile. This tile is inlaid flush with the surface of a granite headstone in order to protect and protect.
Here’s a few more worth mentioning…
- Is the plot number required on the stone? If yes, what size and where should it be located?
- Cemetery paperwork? Does your cemetery require paperwork for their records?
- Is a proof of your order required for the cemetery?
- Are specific shapes and sizes required for pictures?